Project: 5741 (Run 1, Clone 16, Gen 502)

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

whynot

Re: Project: 5741 (Run 1, Clone 16, Gen 502)

Post by whynot »

bruce wrote: There's a server feature that is supposed to eliminates a WU after a certain number of errors but it doesn't always act as fast as most of us would like it to. It has to retry a WU a certain number of times to allow for that fact that it can't tell whether your hardware was unstable or the WU itself was unstable.
Curiosity aside ('what "certain number of errors"?'), why supposedly broken (or not) WU is sent to same supposedly unstable machine?
bruce wrote: Sometimes when the automatic feature doesn't kick in, the WUs get removed manually by the project owner. I'll notify him.
If "automatic feature doesn't kick in" then fix automator. Those high quality hired programmers are already fixed? Ufgh, then we have to live with it too.
--
I'm counting for science.
Points just make me sick.
bruce

Post by bruce »

I understand your concerns, but I've told you everything that I know about the issue. Only the Pande Group can answer your questions.

They're also responsible for deciding which issues are fixed first and which are assigned a lower priority. Programming resources have perpetually been in short supply and I don't see much chance of that changing, even when they hire professional programmers.
whynot

Post by whynot »

No problems whatsoever -- we know who to blame (nothing changed here) and know one more thing to live with. Concerns are no way complaints.
--
I'm counting for science.
Points just make me sick.