PS3 and PC running with same donor name?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

LouVelvet

PS3 and PC running with same donor name?

Post by LouVelvet »

I'm fairly new to Folding@Home with my PS3 and just downloaded the client for my Windows Vista PC today, so this might seem like a silly inquiry to some.

It's not really a question -- just a request for a confirmation: I am currently running FaH on both machines with the same donor and team name. I just wanted to make sure that this is an exceptable practice, and also wanted to confirm that by doing this I am now contributing WU's using both machines simultaneously and gaining even more points toward my donor name and team stats. Thanks for the info!
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: PS3 and PC running with same donor name?

Post by 7im »

Hello LouVelvet, welcome to the forum.

Confirmed.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
LouVelvet

Post by LouVelvet »

Cool, thanks!
Leoslocks
Hardware configuration: Q6600 | P35-DQ6 | Crucial 2 x 1 GB ram | VisionTek 3870
GPU2 Version 6.20| CPU three 6.20 Clients

Post by Leoslocks »

Be careful though. Too many members have started off with a second machine and soon became addicted. There is a Rehab programs for folding@home addicts in the General non-FAH forum.

Cheers!
zanth

Post by zanth »

Lol, tell me about it. Off and on I have 3 PCs and a PS3 running clients! Its fun to see your points go up and up. ;) Welcome to the mix.
PeterA
Hardware configuration: PC: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+, 1024 MB RAM, Microsoft Windows XP (Home Edition) SP3
Laptop: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+, 896 MB RAM, Microsoft Windows Vista (Home Premium)

Post by PeterA »

F@H addiction is bad?? :eo This is news to me. I always thought it was a good addiction. :wink: :lol:
smASHer88

Post by smASHer88 »

If you like, you can separate you PC & PS3 by adding notes to the end of your name for one or both.
Eg. I've got my original computer which i started folding with called smASHer88 and my PS3 which i started folding with later on, just noted with smASHer88_PS3.
That way its easy to keep track of how they're performing individually PPD-wise etc. It will also appear on Kakao Stats (good 3rd party stats) as 'subteams'

But yeh, continue as one if u wish as well, doesn't hurt.
Cheers

Aussie Rules Footy | Team 52735
smASHer88 - AMD64 3500+ 2.2GHz 2GB WinXP Pro SP2 5.04
Lahm_Family - Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz 2GB SMP
smASHer88_PS3 & Lahm_Family_PS3 - both 40GB PAL PS3s