WU Credit Lag?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

j0hn0b

WU Credit Lag?

Post by j0hn0b »

Hey everyone, I had been folding on a new team since the beginning of March and recently switched. I've noticed that I'm still getting credit for WU completed for my old team, I believe the hardware isn't active anymore so is it possible that the credits are lagging by a week or more for credit? I had a similar problem last week where I ran for an entire day and none of the completed WU's hit the credits despite no error in the logs. Is it possible I'm receiving points for things completed long ago?
bruce

Re: WU Credit Lag?

Post by bruce »

Points do lag ,,, especially due to the surge in folks wanting to help. with COVAID19. Depending on whether you're seeing old credits added or somebody else decided to use the same handle, Use your passkey in FAH's official stats to know which.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

The stats usually take 24 hours to be fully updated. There's a lot of load on them over the past few weeks. You can always check https://apps.foldingathome.org/cpu to see the recent workunits returned by your username, and that information includes the team ID, so it may tell you if that hardware is still active.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
j0hn0b

Post by j0hn0b »

Yeah that's where I was getting the info from Jesse_V. I see work units being returned to my old team from what i assume to be old hardware on there. I'm hoping it's just lagging and not some system I forgot about as I've checked quite thoroughly. All these credits to my old team are on the CPU page

I also am missing a bunch of points from last week, which never appeared on the points page but had successful log entries. It might make sense if the points for my old team are lagging this much.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

The points shouldn't lag more than 48 hours, but there's now a huge amount of load on the system and a 15x increase in the number of users. Generally though I've found that link to be usually up-to-date. From what you're saying, I'm starting to suspect that you might have old hardware set for the other team.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.