Only using GPU...?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

hunterjwizzard

Only using GPU...?

Post by hunterjwizzard »

Hey folks,

Completely new to this, not entirely sure what is going on, but I have the client on 2 computers now(of 5 total am spinning up today). On one machine, it seems to only be using the GPU, and on the other only the CPU. Does this seem normal?

Odder still on the one only showing GPU usage in the control panel, the CPU is still burning at 60% on average.

I have both systems set to "full power" and "while I'm working"(since I'm basically setting both aside to do this). Is there anything else I need to do to get all available power dedicated to this process?
petnek
Hardware configuration: Asus 990FX Sabertooth, CPU Vishera FX-8350 not OC (Gelid Solution Tranquillo ), 2x4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz (Kingston Blu), GPU Gigabyte HD6770, HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 - 500GB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 320GB, FSP Raider 550W

Re: Only using GPU...?

Post by petnek »

Hello,
can you please give us more informations about those PC's?
Copied log file would be also helpful.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

There is currently a general shortage of workunits due to the overwhelming number of new users to F@h that have come to help fight the COVID-19 WuFlu. The research teams are currently spinning up new servers and getting more work into the queue. I suspect that everything is set up correctly, but the software is just unable to find available work. I'd recommend just leaving everything running as the situation is likely to clear up soon.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
hunterjwizzard

Post by hunterjwizzard »

Ahh ok. Yeah that's probably all that's going on. I'm using fairly typical gaming/desktop PCs, just wanted to make sure I was at least ready to help.

THanks!