Problems with client

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

agrgal
Hardware configuration: Intel® Core™ i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz × 4

Problems with client

Post by agrgal »

First of all, excuse my english. I struggle to use it. Although my status at FAHControl is Ready, no package seems to be loaded (9 attempts in some minutes). What can I do?
Harmin

Re: Problems with client

Post by Harmin »

nothing but wait, because of the amount of support the servers are overloaded and limited in how many WU's they can hand out and recieve.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: Problems with client

Post by Jesse_V »

Folding@home has been experiencing a very rapid growth of new users. There are now more users looking for work-units than there are work-units available in the queue. As a result, there are periods where the software pauses while waiting for new work to be available. The research groups are setting up new servers and getting more projects online to keep up with the high demand. I recommend keeping the software online and it will engage when work is available. At this moment, it may pick up work-units periodically as they are available. Thank you for your help with this project!
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.