Stats problem

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

missparker76

Stats problem

Post by missparker76 »

Hi,

I have noticed points issue thanks to Kakaostat site for at least 5 updates since yesterday.
Look what is recorded:
- 06/02 4 AM: 8 points
- 7 AM : 2
- 4 PM: 4
- 7 PM: 3
- 06/03 1 AM: 2
Another score seems weird but I don't have the details: 53 (looks like a 47 points - I receive lots of 47 points - + 6 points).

I have 6 active processors running 24/7 currently. Their results are all noted as successfully and were sent before the deadline .

What's going on? How can I get my real points ?

Thanks.
keith_MM

Re: Stats problem

Post by keith_MM »

Hi miss parker,
have you checked your FAHlogs to see whether some WU's have terminated early /crashed and then a new WU been downloaded as this could account for the single digit point scores. Also, what cpu's are you running and are they overclocked. If they are dual cores then you could score a lot more points by running the SMP clients rather than individual clients and if you have overclocked your CPU's this could account for the WU's crashing/terminating early and would then warrant slowing the overclock to get your syatem stable for folding.
hope this helps.
missparker76

Post by missparker76 »

You are right : there are lots of Eary End Units for 1 of my 6 processors. I did not know that crashed units could generate points. Now I understand these scores. I have rebooted to see if the EEU issue can be fixed this way.

I have Core 2 Duo which are not overclocked (and I do not intend to overclock them).

Thanks a lot for your reply ! :)
keith_MM

Post by keith_MM »

if you have core2 duo's running 24/7 even at stock ( it really is a shame not to clock them ) then it would definately be better to run a SMP client on each duo. You would then possibly be looking at 3000 to 4500 points per day. The other option assuming you have an e6xxx series is to run a linux SMP client in a VMware Virtual machine which run generally more points per day than the windows SMP client.