VP

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

theteofscuba
Hardware configuration: PS3, Phenom II X4, QX9775, HD 8570

VP

Post by theteofscuba »

Vijay Pande should get a Nobel Prize for his work on folding@home
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: VP

Post by 7im »

Feel free to submit his name to the Nobel comittee at your leisure. ;)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
theteofscuba
Hardware configuration: PS3, Phenom II X4, QX9775, HD 8570

Post by theteofscuba »

unfortunately, it would be impossible for me to nominate. the best shot is to spread the word until someone who is qualified to.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

I see the nominating requirements depend on which prize you want to nominate him for...anyone here fit the bill for the physics prize nomination? ;)

1. Swedish and foreign members of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences;
2. Members of the Nobel Committee for Physics;
3. Nobel Laureates in Physics;
4. Permanent and assistant professors in the sciences of Physics at the universities and institutes of technology of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Norway, and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm;
5. Holders of corresponding chairs in at least six universities or university colleges selected by the Academy of Sciences with a view to ensuring the appropriate distribution over the different countries and their seats of learning; and
6. Other scientists from whom the Academy may see fit to invite proposals.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Beberg
Pande Group Member

Post by Beberg »

*chuckles*

As awesome as we are here ;) the Nobels go toward fundamental breakthroughs in the sciences. Both distributed computing and the physics behind folding are old hat, so while the results are impressive and numerous, this isn't really of that category - just LOTS of it.

Now if there was an award for quantity, oh wait... Vijay already has a Guinness World Record :)
KOS-MOS

Post by KOS-MOS »

"...the Nobels go toward fundamental breakthroughs in the sciences."

Heh, yeah, like Obama's nobel for his fundamental breakthrough in science by being able to actually pronounce 'nuclear', unlike the prior lummox who had the job. :D
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." A. Einstein