FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

Post by uncle_fungus »

pfb wrote:Having a problem with the betas and a certain project...

I have a PC running Project: xxxx (Run 51, Clone 11, Gen 0 (latest v6 Windows beta)

- v 2.3.1 when it tries and downloads the project info either does nothing or brings an error message up about (something about message format %u)

- v2.3.2 beta 2 crashes on start - brings up the Window dialogue box about the program has crashed

- v2.3.2 beta 3 sits in a continuous loop with the download projects window constantly flashing up - have to use Task Manager to kill FaHMon
Hmm, thanks for catching this. I'll have it fixed before release.
Sahkuhnder

Post by Sahkuhnder »

pfb wrote:...- v2.3.2 beta 3 sits in a continuous loop with the download projects window constantly flashing up - have to use Task Manager to kill FaHMon
I also had this problem with one machine with the beta 2 release. I went to FahMon > Preferences > General tab > and unchecked "Auto update projects database when needed" and the flickering window endless loop stopped.
francois

Post by francois »

I had those crash problems on two computers today.
Don't know what project it was though.
It happened when the program was getting the database update.

Regards,
François
bruce

Suggestion

Post by bruce »

In some future version of FahMon, you should display the frame time in the format needed by fahinfo.org (at least when the 3-percent average is set)
ICE_9

Post by ICE_9 »

If you could integrate the two so that I could upload my html file to fahinfo.org and have it parsed there for the info, I would really like that.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion

Post by uncle_fungus »

bruce wrote:In some future version of FahMon, you should display the frame time in the format needed by fahinfo.org (at least when the 3-percent average is set)
I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. FahMon already shows hhmmss formatted frame times, which are what you need for fahinfo.org.
Am I missing something really obvious?
bruce

Post by bruce »

uncle_fungus wrote:
bruce wrote:In some future version of FahMon, you should display the frame time in the format needed by fahinfo.org (at least when the 3-percent average is set)
I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. FahMon already shows hhmmss formatted frame times, which are what you need for fahinfo.org.
Well, maybe it's me that's missing something obvious. I see Progress/Name/ETA/PPD on the left and Core/Project/Credit/Username/Downloaded/P_Deadline/F_Deadline on the right, and %::Total_PPD below. Which one is the frame time -- or is there a switch somewhere that changes one of them to Frame_time? PPD, of course, will work with fahinfo.org, so that's really not a good justification for the original request.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

bruce wrote:
uncle_fungus wrote:
Well, maybe it's me that's missing something obvious. I see Progress/Name/ETA/PPD on the left and Core/Project/Credit/Username/Downloaded/P_Deadline/F_Deadline on the right, and %::Total_PPD below. Which one is the frame time -- or is there a switch somewhere that changes one of them to Frame_time? PPD, of course, will work with fahinfo.org, so that's really not a good justification for the original request.
Oh, I see.

The frame time is displayed in the benchmarks dialog. (You can't use PPD on fahinfo.org any more though to make data more reliable after points adjustments).

I have an idea going around my head to be able to integrate FahMon with fahinfo.org to submit scores automatically, but I haven't really thought it through fully yet.
Jmarks
Hardware configuration: A) Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 Motherboard, 2gig ocz PC6400 memory, 1 80gig hard drive sata II, 1 250gig sata II hard drive, 256 ATI READON X1300PRO video card and a Intel Q9450 CPU. Win XP running SMP.
B) Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 Motherboard, 4gig Adata PC6400 memory, 1 250gig sata II hard drive, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB video card and a Intel Q9450 CPU. Win XP running SMP.
C) Intel P35 mother board, 4 gig g gyles PC6400 memory, 1 250gig sata II hard drive, 256 ATI READON X1300PRO video card and a Intel E66000 CPU. Win XP running SMP.

Post by Jmarks »

Hey that was what I was asking about. :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1093
francois

Post by francois »

The french translation doesn't show up, Uncle_fungus.
The appropriate fahmon.mo file was copied in the same directory as fahmon.exe.
This is true with all three betas.
BTW, with the beta3, the crash with the new projects download seems to have been solved.

Best regards,
François
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

francois wrote:The french translation doesn't show up, Uncle_fungus.
The appropriate fahmon.mo file was copied in the same directory as fahmon.exe.
This is true with all three betas.
BTW, with the beta3, the crash with the new projects download seems to have been solved.

Best regards,
François
You shouldn't copy the mo file into the FahMon folder. It relies on being in the correct 'lang' folder.

You can probably get it to work by renaming the 'fr_FR' lang folder to 'fr_CA'
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

FahMon 2.3.2 released

http://fahmon.net/download.html

At long last FahMon 2.3.2 is now available!
To download this version visit the download page.

For a comprehensive list of changes please view the changelog which is linked to from the home page and the download page.

Here's a brief overview of what's new in this release:

* Lots of bug fixes in this release to make FahMon more stable, there should be far fewer instances of FahMon crashing for no apparent reason, and CPU usage whilst reloading clients has been decreased.
* Several bits of data are now retreived using core code from qd (Queue Dumper) http://linuxminded.xs4all.nl/?target=so ... -tools.plc.
* Web output is now completely configurable thanks to a new templating system which allows you to create custom output pages.
* Documentation should now be much more understandable.

Several translation updates were missed for this version, so if you notice missing translations whilst using FahMon and feel like updating them, send them along to me and I'll incorporate them into the builds on the website.

As always if you find any bugs in FahMon please report them using trac.

Edit: Forgot to say: Thanks to everyone who beta tested this release :)
francois

Post by francois »

uncle_fungus wrote:You shouldn't copy the mo file into the FahMon folder. It relies on being in the correct 'lang' folder.

Bingo, U_F!
:D

Thanks for the new official release!

Now, here's the stupid question:
Do you think it would be possible, for a future relase, to provide CPU throttle control?
(I know about the BES utility, but it could be very handy to provide this feature built-in)

Best regards,
François
ICE_9

Post by ICE_9 »

Cool! Will update the team.
http://www.hardforum.com

Team [H]ard OCP.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

francois wrote:
uncle_fungus wrote:You shouldn't copy the mo file into the FahMon folder. It relies on being in the correct 'lang' folder.

Bingo, U_F!
:D

Thanks for the new official release!
You're welcome.
francois wrote:Now, here's the stupid question:
Do you think it would be possible, for a future relase, to provide CPU throttle control?
(I know about the BES utility, but it could be very handy to provide this feature built-in)

Best regards,
François
In short, No. FahMon will remain a client monitor for the foreseeable future.