PNY F@H Contest - Free Prizes

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: PNY F@H Contest - Free Prizes

Post by toTOW »

Thanks. I've seen the link in the forum.

For those who need to check and/or change their informations, here is the detailed procedure : http://portal.xlr8gaming.net/forum/view ... p=398#p398

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Post by MtM »

dimilunatic wrote:As for Europe, bypassing import taxes is pretty easy, nowadays, imho. If you slap a big "gift" label on the packet - which is what it truely is, a gift - most of the time, you avoid taxes. Not that I'm trying to prompt anyone do that, but hey, solutions are available!
Let's just say I payed my import taxes and where still allot cheaper off then buying them here, and let me also point of the fine you will get when caught is pretty heavy so if you're really strung for money, don't take the chanche of getting a much higher bill in the end :)
swiftyy

Post by swiftyy »

Well the contest was great! Thank you everyone who participated in the F@H contest and hope you enjoyed it. It was nice to see a good turn out for a good cause. Congrats to the winners and even if you didn't win something in the F@H contest you can still win a free 3dmark vantage key at the PNY site. Hope to see everyone at the next contest :D
kelliegang
Hardware configuration: L1:Dual Core 1.6ghz, 1GB Ram
L2:
PC1&2:P2 3.2ghz, 1GB Ram, Gforce 6800 :(
PS3

Post by kelliegang »

Swiftyy thanks to you and yours for running the contest, I'm a big fan of anything like that encouraging people to join F@H and try and get the most out of their computers for the cause.
old_fool

Post by old_fool »

brityank wrote:
toTOW wrote:
swiftyy wrote:Currently only for residents of the U.S. to participate in.
It really pisses me off ... :evil:
Unfortunately, there is one huge reason why that restriction is in place, and it is a world-wide reason:
It's all about the TAXES that each of your Nanny-State Governments want. :evil:
Well, how much taxes could any of those nanny-states net from a GTX 285? So, let's say it's customs PLUS VAT, and for computer equipment, that makes about 24-25% total for Finland. I imagine it's not much more for other countries (seeing as though Finland is one of the more nanny-sh countries out there).

Are you telling me PNY couldn't afford to foot 1/4 of the price of a GTX 285? I would find that hard to believe.

And as for "better a little bit than nothing"-argument, I would think that a move that demoralizes {World minus USA} is actually not constructive. This is just my opinion, but based on some life experience under my old belt.
old_fool

Post by old_fool »

v00d00 wrote:Its by the by for me, every PNY product ive ever bought has failed, so i wouldnt touch a freebie with a barge pole.
Hey now, don't jinx it for me - I just bought a PNY 9800 GTX (I think it's factory overclocked) - and I run it even furhter overclocked!! But I put the fan at 53%, so, fingers crossed. With the air circualtion I made for this baby, the GPU temperature is only 66C. That's entirely acceptable temperature. Wouldn't you say that my PNY card won't fail?