Interest in F@H Stats App for iPhone?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

tarionyx
Hardware configuration: 8800GTX GPU + Dual Core Intel PC, 8-Core Mac Pro, iMac G5, Mac Mini

Interest in F@H Stats App for iPhone?

Post by tarionyx »

Hey all,

Just wanted to see if there was some interest in a stats app for the iPhone. One of the guys on my team and myself were thinking of writing a stats app and maybe getting in touch with Jason from ExtremeOverclocking to provide some stats from your iphone without having to use safari. Would there be anyone interested in this and if so, would $0.99 be fair or should we make it free? (It's $99 just to get approved as a developer for the app store)

Thanks!
ImageImage
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: Interest in F@H Stats App for iPhone?

Post by toTOW »

I don't see any point being charged for such an application as it can already access any existing stats system with the web browser ... :roll:

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

^ Useful, But wouldn't pay for it :)
Van_Arnam

Post by Van_Arnam »

I'd pay 99 cents! if there was some way for it to tell me which of 30GPU2 clients across a bunch of machines in different places had EUE'd, I'd gladly pay more.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

That's definitely not going to happen with an iPhone app :roll: (it's already hard to so it with computers applications)

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
tarionyx
Hardware configuration: 8800GTX GPU + Dual Core Intel PC, 8-Core Mac Pro, iMac G5, Mac Mini

Post by tarionyx »

To be completely honest, I would love to do it to learn the SDK for the iPhone and what not, but I suppose it would be hard to justify the $99 developer cost. On the snky snky though, I'm working with a few of my developer friends and we might be rolling out a pretty sweet new website that would incorporate an entire folding stats database.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions. As to being able to just use the web browser, it can get a little tedious, and for those that use the iPhone on a regular basis like myself, I'd much rather jump into an app than have to open safari lol.
ImageImage