Need help

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bobby c.
Hardware configuration: HP Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz, 3 gig ram, 32-bit os, Windows Vista Home Premium sp 1, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 80GB PS3,
1 v6.22 MPICH client
1 PS3 client
1 v6.20 client

Need help

Post by bobby c. »

I have several questions. I am trying to set up an SMP client. I have installed it into the c:\users\your name\FAH directory and it has installed just fine. I tried to run the install.bat file but the computer is refusing to accept it no matter what I try. Any suggestions? Also, setting up the Deino MPI program is a little hard to understand. I just checked with the wiki and alot of the steps in and after the install.bat does not show up when Im doing it.

Next is I have a console x86 client that is always getting FAH core download errors. I read that with Vista it may be necessary to lesson security. How do I do that?

Last, I have a gpu2 nvidia client running that is constantly getting EUEs and sleeping. I have client 1.05 installed. I can't find out what drivers i have because the gpu came with the computer and there were no cds with the computer. Any suggestions to find what drivers I am currently running are greatly appreciated.

I would also like to add that when you answer these questions to please put them in normal English or atleast somewhere close so anybody can understand them.

Thanks!

Bobby C.
sneakers55

Re: Need help

Post by sneakers55 »

bobby c. wrote:Next is I have a console x86 client that is always getting FAH core download errors. I read that with Vista it may be necessary to lesson security. How do I do that?

What worked for me was to right-click the fah client executable.

The second tab (IIRC) is named "Compatibility."

Check the "Run as Administrator" check box.

Click "OK" to apply the changes.

Try it again, it should work now.
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
bobby c.
Hardware configuration: HP Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz, 3 gig ram, 32-bit os, Windows Vista Home Premium sp 1, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 80GB PS3,
1 v6.22 MPICH client
1 PS3 client
1 v6.20 client

Post by bobby c. »

Thank you Sneakers55. That worked for me.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

The instructions for the Deino setup are in the link that says READ ME just left of the link where you downloaded that v5.92 client. Let us know if you need more details on any of those Deino setup instructions. The WIKI does not have instructions for the Deino setup yet, because the instructions were already in that linked article. No one felt the need to duplicate that data over to the WIKI yet. ;)

As suggested in the NVIDIA FAQ, download the v174.xx video drivers. There is a link to the NV download page in that FAQ.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
The_Namek

Post by The_Namek »

I'm running Windows 2000/XP/Vista Graphical client 5.03 on the ancient Athlon Thunderbird system w/XP Home SP2 that I plan to install the new ATI GPU2 client on (whenever it's finally released). My question is do you guys know if there are any apps for this version that are similar to Affinity Changer for the SMP client? I'd like to be able to give my old single core CPU as much of a folding boost as possible even though it won't come close to the performance of my XPS A2010.
bruce

Post by bruce »

The final ATI GPU2 client will be able to manage it's own Affinity. I'm not sure about the final SMP client, but it wouldn't surprise me if it learns to manage it's own affinity, too. Affinity Changer will be obsolete (and will actually cause conflicts, now that Stanford is managing those settins.)