GPU "Failed" then "Disabled" in F@H

If you think it might be a driver problem, see viewforum.php?f=79

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ChristopherAmbrey

GPU "Failed" then "Disabled" in F@H

Post by ChristopherAmbrey »

Hi there,

I have been contributing to Folding@Home for a while "ChristopherAmbrey". Today I had to force a restart of my computer. Now one of my GPUs comes up as originally "Failed" (in red) but now "Disabled". I have used GPU-Z and found that some of the information for the card is missing (e.g., BIOS, Memory type, Bus Width and Bandwidth). I am running one NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER appears to be working fine. It had been operating at higher temperatures but it seemed to be throttling itself at between 80 and 90 degrees Celsius. Has my graphics card failed entirely? That is, do I need a new one? Is the PCIe slot or motherboard potentially damaged? Hope someone can help me figure out how to get contributing again.

Kindest regards,

Christopher Ambrey
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: GPU "Failed" then "Disabled" in F@H

Post by toTOW »

It doesn't look good for your 4070 ...

Time for usual troubleshooting : try to run it alone in the system, check fans/temperature/..., run a few test tools (OCCT, Furmark), ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
ChristopherAmbrey

Re: GPU "Failed" then "Disabled" in F@H

Post by ChristopherAmbrey »

Today, I switched on my computer and it was working again. Thanks for your help. If I have any further issues though I will run some tests. Take care.

Kindest regards,

Christopher Ambrey