Remote Management (on LAN) From One Machine

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

rjkucia

Remote Management (on LAN) From One Machine

Post by rjkucia »

Hi, I've installed FAH on three machines - my Macbook, my Windows desktop, and my Ubuntu server. It's running fine on all of them, but I'd like to administer them through my Macbook across my LAN.

I'm able to administer the Macbook itself through the web app and the advanced client - that's been the easy part!

I'm able to administer my server through the web client (I modified the configuration to allow my Macbook's IP). When I try to connect using the Advanced Control, the server shows up as "online", but when I click on it, it switches to "Updating", and never loads.

My desktop can currently only be set up locally. The Advanced Control on the Macbook is stuck at the "Connecting" status and doesn't change. I'm not sure how to expose the web client on Windows.

Thanks in advance!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Remote Management (on LAN) From One Machine

Post by Joe_H »

The FAHClient process needs to be restarted after making the changes for remote access and connections on each machine. In addition there are some other settings that need to be made if you are doing the remote monitoring on your LAN without a password. Easiest way to do the restart is to pause folding and restart your computers. If that doesn't do it, post your settings and we can check them over.

P.S. When setting the addresses to be used, the entry for 127.0.0.1 needs to remain. That is the local connection FAHControl an Web Control use to connect to the FAHClient process.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3