No WUs available for this configuration

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: No WUs available for this configuration

Post by Joe_H »

Basically normal for right now. You might later have something running on your CPU and be waiting for a GPU assignment.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
TMStech

Post by TMStech »

Jesse_V wrote:The servers are currently serving them out at 85,000/hour :)
Curious, what are they currently being served at? After a brief surge of work available around when you posted, my F@H has gone idle ever since.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

TMStech wrote:
Jesse_V wrote:The servers are currently serving them out at 85,000/hour :)
Curious, what are they currently being served at? After a brief surge of work available around when you posted, my F@H has gone idle ever since.
104,000 assigns/hour right now! https://apps.foldingathome.org/serverstats
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Zepedrofig

Post by Zepedrofig »

I'm also having this issue, the weird thing is that when I uninstall and install again, I get WU right away. I don't know if it is something with my pc or F@H servers, but it is kinda weird. If anyone knows what might be causing this, I would appreciate it!

Specs:
i7 6700k
GTX 1070
16GB RAM

Thanks!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

You may just be running int the shortage of WU's that can be assigned, there are more requests for than can be filled. Leaving the computer going for a while should eventually get it an assignment. To avoid everyone connecting at once after a server outage such as from a power failure, the client waits an increasing amount of time between requests. Works fairly well for server outages, not quite as well for this situation, but is what is encoded into the client.

If the time between retries gets too long, several hours, you can pause the client for a minute or two and the start again. This resets the counter, but to keep from contributing to the overload on the servers please do not overuse.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3