Client doesnt start

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

sierpu

Client doesnt start

Post by sierpu »

Hi,
I have a problem with client. I can't use it when I try to double click on FAH, it doesnt start.
Task manager shows that client works for 1-2 seconds and turns off. Yesterday I could take simulations. Did you have same problem?
I reinstalled FAH and problem is still exist.
Last edited by sierpu on Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petnek
Hardware configuration: Asus 990FX Sabertooth, CPU Vishera FX-8350 not OC (Gelid Solution Tranquillo ), 2x4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz (Kingston Blu), GPU Gigabyte HD6770, HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 - 500GB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 320GB, FSP Raider 550W

Re: Client doesnt start

Post by petnek »

Which file from where are you starting? For me is working properly just starting it from Desktop. From File explorer it starts to me command line or doing nothing...
sierpu

Post by sierpu »

I use shortcut on desktop, it will not start ;/
petnek
Hardware configuration: Asus 990FX Sabertooth, CPU Vishera FX-8350 not OC (Gelid Solution Tranquillo ), 2x4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz (Kingston Blu), GPU Gigabyte HD6770, HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 - 500GB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 320GB, FSP Raider 550W

Post by petnek »

OK, do you have log file on this location? C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\ ? Can you copy whats saved inside?
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

I just posted a reply to this and I guess it didn't want to actually post it. So, I had the same issue and solved it by deleting that folder, running the program, restoring that folder and overwriting some of its contents with items that it created on the desktop.
sierpu

Post by sierpu »

Before you wrote about this, I cleared all data connected to FAH, and it works.
Btw thanks for help.
I wish you very much WU to simulate;)
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

My power supply is dying so it's CPU loads only right now. It's a bummer because I have a Radeon VII and it tears right through these.