email with passkey never comes

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

mihai

email with passkey never comes

Post by mihai »

I used the link from the FAQ page to create a passkey but after waiting for about an hour I still don't have the email with the passkey.
I tried with many username / email addresses combinations, with mailboxes on on my own domains and gmail. I checked the spam folder, the promotions, tab , the email server's log files and there is no trace of the email.
RANGEL

Re: email with passkey never comes

Post by RANGEL »

Reporting exactly the same. Checked my mail servers as well and never see the email. Logs indicate it never comes either.
ShadeStep16

Haven't recieved Passkey after 3 hours

Post by ShadeStep16 »

Tried creating a passkey for myself ~3 hours ago and havent received one (checked all folders).
woahderbud

Post by woahderbud »

Yeah, I haven't gotten mine either. It's been 3 hours. I'm sure they are just overwhelmed with the amount of new users.
bruce

Re: Haven't recieved Passkey after 3 hours

Post by bruce »

The excitement surrounding COVAID19 has brought many new Donors to FAH and everbody wants a passkey. For a couple of days, our email server was put on the Google and Yahoo lists silently classifying us a source of spam and blocking the emails to those domains (and maybe others). Last I heard, that had been mostly resolved. Send me a PM with your full email address and I'll see what I can find out.

Email blocks may also be found if they're being sent to some closed countries.

Have you tried registering an email at a different domain?
Rekwen

Post by Rekwen »

Same issue as well. I've tried twice now with being forced to wait the 4 hours. Its not in my inbox or spam folder. I can understand 5-10 minutes which is what many other companies use but 4 hours is way too much specifically because of issues like this.
exander

Re: Haven't recieved Passkey after 3 hours

Post by exander »

It took a few hours to receive mine.
Nathan_P
Hardware configuration: Asus Z8NA D6C, 2 x5670@3.2 Ghz, , 12gb Ram, GTX 980ti, AX650 PSU, win 10 (daily use)

Asus Z87 WS, Xeon E3-1230L v3, 8gb ram, KFA GTX 1080, EVGA 750ti , AX760 PSU, Mint 18.2 OS

Not currently folding
Asus Z9PE- D8 WS, 2 E5-2665@2.3 Ghz, 16Gb 1.35v Ram, Ubuntu (Fold only)
Asus Z9PA, 2 Ivy 12 core, 16gb Ram, H folding appliance (fold only)

Post by Nathan_P »

The passkey server is very heavily loaded and the sudden increase in emails it was sending meant it got put on the google spam lists. This has now been mostly resolved so you should see a key at some point soon. If not please post back and one of the mods will try and assist
MrStump

Post by MrStump »

Nathan_P wrote:The passkey server is very heavily loaded and the sudden increase in emails it was sending meant it got put on the google spam lists. This has now been mostly resolved so you should see a key at some point soon. If not please post back and one of the mods will try and assist
Hi, did't recieve passkey.
Thanks.
aacarm

Post by aacarm »

Just wanted to report also having a delay in the email. Submitted several hours ago. Good luck over there I know you guys are swamped.
AEM

Post by AEM »

I've tried twice and checked every folder as well, yet no passkey email. Any help would be appreciated!
scoots

Post by scoots »

I am also having problems. I never get the passkey. I have tried twice now and am still waiting. I also checked my spam folder. Any help is appreciated. I know there must be a mega spike in traffic
SandiestBoy

Post by SandiestBoy »

I've tried iCloud, Gmail, and even tempmail accounts attempting to get a passkey but nothing so far has worked.
Meanwhile the email to verify my forum account so I could post this came in instantly.

I totally understand if the passkey email servers are overloaded due to the new mass of users folding for COVID-19. Just let us know when you guys get all your ducks in a row.
jde

Post by jde »

Likewise - never saw a passkey email (multiple 4h submissions) .. but also can't tell if the username was already taken and tied to someone else's email - is there somewhere or something that checks for username uniqueness

The forum email came back quickly .. would PM someone, but apparently can't until I start posting.
Silverio

Post by Silverio »

Hello,
I'd appreciate some assistance as I've tried a couple of times since yesterday but I still didn't get anything to my gmail account.
Tried an old MS account to no avail.
Not in the SPAM folder either.
Thanks in advance :)