Not recieving the passkey (re-sent. Fixed)

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

GT500

Re: Not reciving passkey

Post by GT500 »

jcoffland wrote:I'm resending all the passkey emails from the last three days. Unfortunately this will be a repeated email for some people. I cannot tell which were blocked by Google. All the emails should be sent within about an hour. The new emails will come from noreply@foldingathome.org.
Thanks. I have received my passkey, and Folding@home seems to have accepted it.
ShootY

Re: Not recieving the passkey (re-sent. Fixed)

Post by ShootY »

Hello and good morning from Germany,

I don't know if I'm right here in this thread, but I set up an account and started crunching F@h WUs a few days ago. So I registered my Username "ShootY" with the teamnumber 43829 SETI.Germany and requested a passkey.
I received the passkey and since then I'm registered. So far so good.

This morning I received another passkey which I didn't request. So I looked up my account and searched for my Username.
---- stats.foldingathome. org/donor/1621630 (I'm not allowed to post links yet so I deleted the https and did a space between the dot)
When I looked this up I saw that I might already have crunched for another team - which isn't true because this is my first time I started crunching Folding@home.
So can anyone tell me what this is about and why my Nickname has matched with someone else? This might be the reason why someone else requested a passkey to take back control of his account.

To make it clear: I just started crunching for Folding@home and now I can see Credits and already done Work from another person!

Thanks for your answer.

Greetings
Patrick
Viaggiatore

Passkey is not being sent

Post by Viaggiatore »

mod note - merged with existing topic, answer several post above

Hello, hope this is the right place to ask about this issue. I asked my passkey for the first time, the server said "Passkey sent. Please check your email" but I never receieved my passkey since yesterday. Oc I checked my junk/spam folder. Is it normal it takes so much to being sent?
Thank you!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

@ Shooty the answer is several posts before your, all passkeys for the last 3 days were resent due to an email problem. Some persons such as yourself would have received duplicate emails, if you compare the passkeys they will be the same.

The username test on the folding web site is case sensitive, but at some point in the recent past searches in the stats are case preserving, but case insensitive. So you nickname can match with another person's. For example, my username matches with two others who used a different capitalization.

The Web Control stats check uses both your username and passkey, that will just show work you have submitted.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Viaggiatore

Post by Viaggiatore »

jcoffland wrote:I'm resending all the passkey emails from the last three days. Unfortunately this will be a repeated email for some people. I cannot tell which were blocked by Google. All the emails should be sent within about an hour. The new emails will come from noreply@foldingathome.org.
Hello, I asked for my passkey yesterday and didn't receive it yet. I asked it again half an hour ago at no avail.
Thank you
ShootY

Post by ShootY »

Joe_H wrote:@ Shooty the answer is several posts before your, all passkeys for the last 3 days were resent due to an email problem. Some persons such as yourself would have received duplicate emails, if you compare the passkeys they will be the same.

The username test on the folding web site is case sensitive, but at some point in the recent past searches in the stats are case preserving, but case insensitive. So you nickname can match with another person's. For example, my username matches with two others who used a different capitalization.

The Web Control stats check uses both your username and passkey, that will just show work you have submitted.
So just to clearify for me:
Is this (link: https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/1621630 ) my User or someone's else?
If not, can you send me the link for my Username? Or how can I know then how many Workunits I have done and how many I have not done?
Would be great if there would be a site for every username - like SETI@home or Rosetta@home. So no one has to be confused about his stats.

Thank you!
ShootY

Post by ShootY »

I looked it up:
Shooty from the Team RamblingWaffles has the same User ID like me!
I'm ShootY from the Team SETI.Germany.

Both User IDs are 1621630

This is wrong! Can you please fix this because when I'm crunching the Stats of the Shooty of Team RamblingWaffles will go up too - and even the Stats for the Team will go up!
So this is a point where the whole stats are totally wrong!

EDIT:
The reason why I'm asking for a correction is, that I'm one of a few thousands who'll be switching from SETI@home to Folding@home because SETI@home is going into hibernation as you might know already.
This fact and the one that you (F@h) are looking for Users and Computing power has also been published in the german media and maybe even world wide.
https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung ... 73640.html

So it could be that thousands of SETI Users will start Folding@home because of the Coronavirus! Don't scare them away only because of your matching problem in the database!

This news about Coronavirus and Folding@home has been spread in many many forums - even in some Facebook groups. People are asking what to crunch after SETI@home. So get this problem fixed and people will help.

I'm already helping - and I'm here because of german media. So will do others! This will happen when SETI@home ends!
rwh202
Hardware configuration: 8x GTX 1080
3x GTX 1080 Ti
3x GTX 1060
Various other bits and pieces

Post by rwh202 »

ShootY wrote:I looked it up:

This is wrong! Can you please fix this because when I'm crunching the Stats of the Shooty of Team RamblingWaffles will go up too - and even the Stats for the Team will go up!
Unfortunately that's not how folding@home stats work.

No one owns a User ID and anyone can use it for any team.

At best, you can hope that you're the only 'Shooty' on SETI.Germany and track progress like that.

Alternatively, track your contribution through your passkey which truly does just belong to you:

Code: Select all

https://stats.foldingathome.org/cpu?passkey=***************************
Lasky
Hardware configuration: AMD Threadripper 24 Cores 4100 GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super NVIDIA TU104 3.072 Shader Einheiten 8 GB GDDR6 256 Bit aktive Watercooling DirectX 12.1 OpenGL 4.5 DLSS Upscaling G-Sync PCIe 3.0 x16 4K VR 7680 x 4320
128 GB DDR4 3200 MHZ

Post by Lasky »

Greetings from Berlin,

I also requested a passkey and did not receive one.
My provider AOL has no lock or filter active. There is also nothing in my spam folder.
this is empty. I hope someone can help me ?

update:

I requested a passkey again after 5 hours and still haven't received one.

I receive all other emails. Where is the mistake?
Last edited by Lasky on Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Viaggiatore

Post by Viaggiatore »

Viaggiatore wrote:
Hello, I asked for my passkey yesterday and didn't receive it yet. I asked it again half an hour ago at no avail.
Thank you
Anyone? Still no passkey. I was able to register to this forum with the same email account, so I guess no problem on my end.

Thank you
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Please understand, as explained here - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=32217&start=15#p311656 - due to the number of passkey requests the Gmail account that was being used to send out passkeys ran into a sending limit imposed by Gmail. That is a totally separate email account from that used by the forum.

There may be emails with passkeys generated after he manually resent those blocked by Gmail. Please do not keep requesting unless directed to.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Leon

Post by Leon »

I am also unable to receive passkey. I have tried 4 different email addresses, each from a different provider. Some of them don't even have a spam folder, and I checked it on those that do.
GoHack
Hardware configuration: Dell Inspiron 5676 Desktop; AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU; Dell Nvidia GeFoce GTX 1070 Video Card; 32 GB DDR4, 500 GB Samsung 970+ M.2 SSD; Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard (AW768); Logitech Ball Mouse (M570); Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

- Alienware Aurora R8 Desktop; Liquid Cooled Intel i5-9600K CPU; (2x) EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Ultra Video Cards; 32 GB DDR4 (3200 MHz); 500 GB Samsung 970+ M.2 SSD; 850 Watt Power Supply; Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard (AW768); Logitech Ball Mouse (M570); Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... p?u=418078

Post by GoHack »

Not receiving an existing Passkey, much less any Passkey, after over three (3) attempts.

I've been away from F@H for a while, sending my resources over to Seti@Home, so I don't have my Passkey available in order to return.
ShootY

Post by ShootY »

rwh202 wrote:
ShootY wrote:I looked it up:

Unfortunately that's not how folding@home stats work.

No one owns a User ID and anyone can use it for any team.

At best, you can hope that you're the only 'Shooty' on SETI.Germany and track progress like that.

Alternatively, track your contribution through your passkey which truly does just belong to you:

Code: Select all

https://stats.foldingathome.org/cpu?passkey=***************************

Okay thanks! Didn't know that. Thank you!
Btw: No results shown when I copy the link into the browser and enter my passkey
Viaggiatore

Post by Viaggiatore »

Joe_H wrote:
There may be emails with passkeys generated after he manually resent those blocked by Gmail. Please do not keep requesting unless directed to.
I guess I'm one of those passkeys still got stuck. So I just sit and wait? Ok