lost post [how to make subteam]

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

grumpydaddy
Hardware configuration: q6600+120 extreme, maximus formula, 2gig 800Mzh team 4,4,4,10, PCP&C 1KSR, 9800gtx ssc, 9800gx2 ssc, antec900

lost post [how to make subteam]

Post by grumpydaddy »

I have been asked to try to re-invigorate the stagnent folding team at our forum. I have therefore read a lot of posts here in an attempt to get up to speed.

I read a post referring to team members having friends folding too effectively creating a sub team for the member.

Help... where was that post? or perhaps How can our team members set up a like sub-team?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: lost post [how to make subteam]

Post by toTOW »

You have two choices :

- everyone use the same username and teamnumber (but you can't track every subteam member)
- you choose to create one account per user using an unique pattern, for example Username : [TAG]_nickname and Teamnumber : your team number. In this case you'll need an external script to compile the stats for every subteam.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

FoldNuts@johnscomputer
FoldNuts@joescomputer
FoldNuts@janescomputer
FoldNuts@joanscomputer

All of these can be tracked as separate users at the Stanford Stats, but the 3rd party stats will combine all of them one user account (subteam) "FoldNuts" because everything after and including the @ will be dropped. YMMV. Hmmm... I gues I should start using Your Folding May Vary.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
grumpydaddy
Hardware configuration: q6600+120 extreme, maximus formula, 2gig 800Mzh team 4,4,4,10, PCP&C 1KSR, 9800gtx ssc, 9800gx2 ssc, antec900

Post by grumpydaddy »

7im wrote:FoldNuts@johnscomputer
FoldNuts@joescomputer
FoldNuts@janescomputer
FoldNuts@joanscomputer

All of these can be tracked as separate users at the Stanford Stats, but the 3rd party stats will combine all of them one user account (subteam) "FoldNuts" because everything after and including the @ will be dropped. YMMV. Hmmm... I gues I should start using Your Folding May Vary.
Thanks guys This will help. I guess I was following a thread that led me to 3rd party stats. Never mind the fast folding The speed of reply here is right up there too! Thanks too the Mods : much better title.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

A note of caution, it's been a while since I played with this. So before you convert the whole team over to new users names, try it out to make sure it still works like you want it to. Upload a few WU with the changes, wait for Stats to update, and then check it out. Please let us know how it works out for you.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

If I were you, I would avoid using @ in username ... :roll:

7im

Post by 7im »

toTOW wrote:If I were you, I would avoid using @ in username ... :roll:
Why not? What did I forget?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

The stat system will think it's an email address and will truncate the nickname ... and it will be impossible to know which account it really is :(

7im

Post by 7im »

toTOW wrote:The stat system will think it's an email address and will truncate the nickname ... and it will be impossible to know which account it really is :(
Which Stats systems will truncate it? Stanford or EOC?

Reconfigure one of your systems with the user name: toTOW@fr.com

Then pull up the MyFolding.html page for that client. Follow the personal stats link. Is it truncated, or is the name shown as toTOW@fr.com ? ;)

That's how to track individuals. Then count on EOC to do the actual truncation, and add them all together. Unofficial FoldNuts subteam, but still able to track all the Nuts.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

It will be truncated on Stanford pages I think.

But I really prefer my way to track things ... global http://folding.fleucorp.fr/Alliance.htm and two subteam examples : http://folding.fleucorp.fr/INpact.htm http://folding.fleucorp.fr/Zebulon.htm 8-)