incomplete WU's

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Pearskin

incomplete WU's

Post by Pearskin »

Do we LOSE points for incomplete or abandoned WU's?
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: incomplete WU's

Post by Jesse_V »

Not directly no. It will count against your quick return bonus qualification, so if you miss enough to fall below the 80% success rate, then you'd only get base points and not bonus points. In that situation, you'd lose out on the potential for more points, but your score wouldn't go down, no.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Stanford's science does lose out. To avoid either type of loss, use the "finish" option in V7 or the -oneunit option in V6 whenever possible. This will stop processing after uploading the completed result without downloading a new WU.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

No points are credited for abandoned or incomplete work units. If the work unit is half done, and abandoned, you get 0 points. You lose no points, but you did lose the time and electricity it took to do half a work unit, and the potential points that completing the work unit would have granted. Only fully completed work units, before their deadlines, are granted points. (except in the case of rare work unit errors)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.