Oops, can I have 3 names combined to one?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

(TES)_Wolfpup

Oops, can I have 3 names combined to one?

Post by (TES)_Wolfpup »

I fold for Team Elder Scrolls, and have made a couple mistakes over the years. I now have 3 names, but prefer to use the original. Is there a way I can have the other 2 names points incorporated into the one account? (Same as my user name here.)

I have a Wolfpup, (TEST)_Wolfpup, (<-silly mistake.) and a (TES)_Wolfpup (The name I use.)

It would be nice if it's possible, but I understand if it's not.

I know the important thing is the folding itself, and that's why I do it, not the credit, but it looks sloppy on the team page.

Thank you, either way.
Last edited by (TES)_Wolfpup on Thu May 22, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Naylor
Hardware configuration: Q9450 OC @ 3.2GHz (Win7 Home Premium) - SMP2
E7500 OC @ 3.66GHz (Windows Home Server) - SMP2
i5-3750k @ 3.8GHz (Win7 Pro) - SMP2

Re: Oops, can I have 3 names combined to one?

Post by John Naylor »

Unfortunately the Pande Group's policy is that stats, once assigned to a name or team, cannot then be reassigned. It's for reasons of angst amongst teams if their best/biggest folders change teams or names... and then take the points they contributed to that team with them.

PS Welcome to the forums.
Folding whatever I'm sent since March 2006 :) Beta testing since October 2006. www.FAH-Addict.net Administrator since August 2009.
sneakers55

Post by sneakers55 »

John Naylor wrote:Unfortunately the Pande Group's policy is that stats, once assigned to a name or team, cannot then be reassigned. It's for reasons of angst amongst teams if their best/biggest folders change teams or names... and then take the points they contributed to that team with them.
Pande Group wants to have a point system, but then they don't want it to be a high-maintenance thing. It would take a lot of work on their part to support moving WUs from one team to another.

It would be kind of hard on the more competitive teams to have somebody take away their points.

I've done it on five different teams, but in the combined stats I'm getting close to becoming a millionpointonaire.
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
uncle fuzzy

Post by uncle fuzzy »

sneakers55 wrote:
John Naylor wrote:Unfortunately the Pande Group's policy is that stats, once assigned to a name or team, cannot then be reassigned. It's for reasons of angst amongst teams if their best/biggest folders change teams or names... and then take the points they contributed to that team with them.
Pande Group wants to have a point system, but then they don't want it to be a high-maintenance thing. It would take a lot of work on their part to support moving WUs from one team to another.

It would be kind of hard on the more competitive teams to have somebody take away their points.

I've done it on five different teams, but in the combined stats I'm getting close to becoming a millionpointonaire.
Oh, all his points are for our team. He just keeps forgetting how to spell his name (but we love him anyway).
Proud to crash my machines as a Beta Tester!

(TES)_Wolfpup

Post by (TES)_Wolfpup »

Well, the first one was because I didn't know changing my name would make a new account. (But after I understood what I was doing better I know why it didn't work the way I thought it would.)

The second one was just a dumb mistake on my part. (Not verifying I spelt it right.)

There is no intention on my part to leave TES, but I understand why they have to set rules and what not.

As mention, the important part is the folding, not the credit. (I just feel guilty for having 3 names in the group. (Not statistically accurate I guess.))

Thanks for the relies.
patermann

Post by patermann »

Please see my reply to Jamie on this subject (saves me typing it again! ;) ). Let me know if you are interested.

patermann