Cannot download WU

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bruce

Re: Cannot download WU

Post by bruce »

There have been a variety of servers with various problems and the owners of those servers may have been away or the problem may be more serious. It's not easy for me to classify every criteria that's used by the assignment servers and then figure out which servers have WUs for a specific subset of Donors might be getting no assignments or assignments from only one server. (The Assignment Server does that quite well, but I don't see either the inputs or the outputs for its code.)

When I see somebody getting no assignments, I generally try to figure out which subset of Donors they happen to be in and notify somebody that might fix any of the Work Servers that might fill that need. The AS code is really very complex and I'm not very good at "reading its mind."
Snod Blatter wrote:Still no word on why we don't get core a4 work?
Last week my theory was that it had to do whether or not the specific hardware had SSE2 support and which didn't. It took a couple days before I figured out that wasn't what distinguished those getting A4 from those who were not getting A4.