FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: temp split

Post by toTOW »

the animal wrote:Download 2.3.2b
Indeed ©

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

Post by 7im »

I had nothing but good things to say about it until now. I tried to update my fahmon on my Vista box. Now it doesn't work. Can't create ./config/ folder, and a bunch of other error messages, some that it allowed me to save...

4:08:27 PM: can't open file './config/benchmarks.dat' (error 5: access is denied.)
4:08:27 PM: can't open file './config/clientstab.txt' (error 5: access is denied.)
4:08:29 PM: can't open file './config/projects.dat' (error 5: access is denied.)
4:08:29 PM: can't open file './config/prefs.dat' (error 5: access is denied.)

EDIT: Never mind, solved the access problem. (run as admin) But where did all of my systems go that I had setup previously?

What files do I have to protect from the installer the next time I update?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
DocJonz
Hardware configuration: Folding with: 4x RTX 4070Ti, 1x RTX 4080 Super

Post by DocJonz »

The key one you need to save for your clients is 'clientstab.txt' in the 'Config' folder :wink:
Folding Stats (HFM.NET): DocJonz Folding Farm Stats
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

I guess I need to take a leaf out of Adam's book and start using AppData to store the config to protect Vista from itself (I'm guessing you installed to Program Files?).
It's odd that running the installer clobbered your existing files though, as its not programmed to touch them. The installer doesn't create a config folder, it leaves that to FahMon.

Was the previous installation of FahMon installed with the installer, and if so, when you uninstalled it do you say yes to the "keep configuration files" option?
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

That may be the problem. I didn't uninstall the previous version. It's a long story, but probably my doing that screwed it up. Unfamiliarity with how Vista behaves. Now I know which files to make copies.

Just another rule proven. When you don't make a back up is the time you'll want one. ;)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Slappy

Post by Slappy »

Okay never mind. I guess it updated on its own. Now if only we could get access to those PS3 logs so I could add mine too. :)
Last edited by Slappy on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
folding4u

Post by folding4u »

Thanks guys but installing 2.3.2b only made the core appear as GPUv2. Nothing else got better.

Currently I have 1200 points and fahmon still shows 97 points.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

folding4u wrote:Thanks guys but installing 2.3.2b only made the core appear as GPUv2. Nothing else got better.

Currently I have 1200 points and fahmon still shows 97 points.
The points score on the right hand panel only relates to the current WU. It's not a running total or anything like that.
torswin

Post by torswin »

My FahMon works strangely. It updated its project database from the web, and now I've lost almost all information I had. Now it can't tell me the name of the core, PPD, deadline etc.

I tried to go to fahinfo and get the project info from the fahmon_wus.html posted there, but didn't help either.
Screenshot:
http://flickr.com/photos/25547367@N02/2435856235/
(MS VISTA)

And I tried to compile it on my own on my Ubuntu 8.04 beta box, and it works allright the first time I run it but if I close it and run it again it hangs up when it tires to update its project database. I have to delete the content in the ~/.fahmon folder to make it work again. Any ideas?
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

The reason that FahMon can't show the data for that WU is because it has never appeared on psummary, which is where FahMon updates its project list from. Until the 451x WUs show up on psummary there's not much we can do :(

As for the ubuntu problem, does it hang on the actual download, or the "adding projects to the database" part?
torswin

Post by torswin »

Allright.

Uhm ...It sort of hangs immediately the box comes up so I guess it hangs at downloading. However, I managed once to test to put the settings to go via "fahmon_wus.html" instead of online, but it still hanged. I am running on amd64, if that might give some indication.

edit:
Screenshot (need some flickr practise )
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25547367@N02/2435979589/
Slappy

Post by Slappy »

Now my SMP units wont show an ETA, or the PPD, yet the core is working fine and the units stats are up to date?
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

Can you check that your timezone is setup right on the "system" tab of the preferences dialog. The automatic system doesn't always work correctly and gets easily confused by DST changes.
zanth

Post by zanth »

Mine is acting similar to that on an SMP client I just set up on a networked machine, except it says *Hung* rather than N/A on the ETA, even tho its running just fine.
bruce

Post by bruce »

zanth wrote:Mine is acting similar to that on an SMP client I just set up on a networked machine, except it says *Hung* rather than N/A on the ETA, even tho its running just fine.
Are the local clocks properly synchronized?