PS3 Server(s) "The server is busy." Error Message...

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ONE-OF-THREE
Hardware configuration: Playstation 3, 80gig (bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots) :)

Playstation 3, 40gig

Gateway FX6800-09H
Intel Core i7 920
2.67GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GTX260
1 TB 7200 RPM
8MB L2
750 Watts
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit

PS3 Server(s) "The server is busy." Error Message...

Post by ONE-OF-THREE »

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =4&t=55265

Looks like the PS3 server needs a boot or something, as for at least six hours now no one has been able to upload nor download any new WUs, and with a "The server is busy." error message given on the PS3 console.

Edit: Now going on for close to 24 hours...
Last edited by ONE-OF-THREE on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lanbrown

Re: PS3 Server...

Post by lanbrown »

The server that usually issues the 34xx WU's has been down, the second server that has the 40xx WU's has been very busy (that is the one that is issuing the busy message back) and the third server has no WU's (it hasn't had WU's for either a very longtime or never.)

I have one PS3 that managed to get one of the very large WU's, it will be busy for the next day (they take around 30-hours to complete) but the others; no go.
wickedproxy
Hardware configuration: PS3 updated every chance I get.

Post by wickedproxy »

Please note time of my post. Keep getting server is busy message on my PS3. I hope someone knows about it, but not sure since it's on the weekend. :(
I will miss folding on my PS3
_r2h

Post by _r2h »

wickedproxy wrote:Please note time of my post. Keep getting server is busy message on my PS3. I hope someone knows about it, but not sure since it's on the weekend. :(
I've been getting the same message for at least four hours today, unsure of the exact duration though. :?
punker_4_real

Re: PS3 Server(s) "The server is busy." Error Message...

Post by punker_4_real »

over 36 hours for me :roll:
wickedproxy

Post by wickedproxy »

I guess nobody is there to fix it. I hate it when the server goes down on the weekend. I bet my wu times out. :(
wildwux

Post by wildwux »

over 24 hours for me in Germany.
BVB 09, alles andere ist nur Fussball!
darktower2000

Post by darktower2000 »

Seems the server is accessible again. I just uploaded a WU and downloaded a new one after not being able to for the last day and a half.
DVSA12

Post by DVSA12 »

yep, server is a go noq... :) :)
wickedproxy

Post by wickedproxy »

Yay! Thanks you whom ever fixed it. :D
_r2h

Post by _r2h »

Echoing the others, WU turned in and received another. :mrgreen:
ONE-OF-THREE
Hardware configuration: Playstation 3, 80gig (bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots) :)

Playstation 3, 40gig

Gateway FX6800-09H
Intel Core i7 920
2.67GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GTX260
1 TB 7200 RPM
8MB L2
750 Watts

Post by ONE-OF-THREE »

A little late to the party, but yup, just tried again and was able to upload and download a new WU, so as wickedproxy already stated, thanks to the whoever kickstarted the servers.:)
elmoglick

Post by elmoglick »

I figured my installation was corrupted, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now my WU's are reset to 0...(sigh). Any way to retrieve my old stats/ranking or is everything lost?
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

All they need to fix no is the 171.64.65.96 server. The other server was down but in the past, when 171.64.65.83 was down, 171.64.65.96 was able to keep the supply of WU's going. This time, it did hardly anything as the net load is very high. Even with the other server back on-line, the net load is still high; in fact, it has not even tapered off. It still is int he 190's, so there is still an issue with the "back-up" server that needs to be resolved so that the next time the primary server is off-line, we don't run into the same issue. I also had a WU to send back to 171.64.65.96 and I'm pretty sure it was too busy to accept it so it probably went to a collection server and it is waiting for the server to be available to upload it to. The WU may time-out if the server is not brought back on-line soon though. I'm sure there are a few others that are int he same boat. This WU was also one of the large ones; the ones that take 30-hours or so to complete.
ONE-OF-THREE

Playstation 3, 40gig

Gateway FX6800-09H
Intel Core i7 920
2.67GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GTX260
1 TB 7200 RPM
8MB L2
750 Watts

Post by ONE-OF-THREE »

elmoglick wrote:I figured my installation was corrupted, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now my WU's are reset to 0...(sigh). Any way to retrieve my old stats/ranking or is everything lost?
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... =userstats

There is no way to retrieve your stats on your PS3, but as long as you set up a "Donor" name, any WUs you completed and all your points/rank can still be tracked at the "Donor Statistics" webpage (at the above url) by imputing your "Name".:)