Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Re: 171.64.65.56 + Attempting to send results

Post by PantherX »

If you take your PS3 to a friend's/neighbor's place, can you upload the WU successfully?
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Synate.Deszeld wrote:There Must Be Something I'm Missing. But What?
Yes, we've suggested that already. ;) But we don't have a crystal ball, and we are lousy with playing 20 questions. "It don't work!" is not very descriptive, and not very helpful. You'll have to give us a lot more information. Which fah client is running on the PC, Computer specs, OS, updates, AV software, Firewall software, how your PC is connected to your router, type of router, type of broadband, your ISP, etc.

And you will be able to post your fahlog.txt if you remove all the URLs and @ symbols. We'll need that too.

P.S. Would a Mod please split this topic out from hrsetrdr's original thread. Synate's problem has nothing to do with server 171.64.65.56? Thanks.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Synate.Deszeld wrote:I Don't mean To Be A Pain in The Butt But Its Just Annoying I Just Get Angered Not At Ya'll But Me. My Connection Is Fine No Probs. My ISP Has Checked It Out Thoroughly & Can't Find Anything Wroung I've Did What I'm Capable Of & Can't Fix It. I Just Don't Know What Else To Do I'm At An Utter Total Loss On What Ta Do. Im Rather Knowledgeable About My Systems & My Connections But I Can't Figure This Out. Its Kicking My Butt. I Have All This Data & I Suddenly Can't Send It On My PC. And All The Data On My PS3 & I Cant Get It Sent.I've Tried The Suggestions Even Went All Out Opening My Ports Wide Open Unblocking Every Thing Allowing All Data/Traffic. But I Cant Get Anywheres. What Am I Missing. Ive Looked At Every Thing Checked Every Thing & Find Nothing. My ISP Even Checked To see If Anything Was Being Blocked & Seen Nothing. They Ran Thourough Test. There Must Be Something I'm Missing. But What?
Do a packet capture and I bet you see a lot of drops, RST's (obviously SYN's) and that will confirm that there is an issue between you and Stanford. There is nothing that Stanford can do as it is not their network that is the issue. On the computer, have you ever modified the TCP settings? If you have, you very well could have made the window to large and thus have hurt yourself. You could make the window sizes smaller and thus, less data is transferred without an acknowledgement. This will make upload speeds slower, but more reliable. On your router, you could try adjusting the MTU size; the default should be 1500, try 1460 or 1380. ANother option, Microsoft and their infinite wisdom uses physical link speed to determine some of the settings. If your router has gigabit ports, Windows uses that physical link speed as a determining factor, let's say you have a 768kbps uplink speed; the gigabit settings are horrible. As a test, I would change the NIC settings to 10-half and have it try the upload.
Synate.Deszeld

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

Whoa dude you speaking greek to me heh heh I don't have a clue how to change those settings. all i can tell ya is at&t is my isp & i use a 2wire router/modem. If One of yall don't mind mayhaps you could e-mail me info how to change those settings if ya don't mind cause im clueless.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

If you didn't change those settings, then you really don't need to fix them. However, providing us with more info about your setup is important. We haven't even seen a fahlog yet. And guessing is getting us nowwhere. If won't give us more detailed info, we really can't help you any further. :(
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
vvoelz
Pande Group Member

Post by vvoelz »

In response to hrsetrdr's original thread -- I'll check out that server (171.64.65.56) . I can log in fine but I'll check the server code --VInce

*** UPDATE ***

* the server code is running fine on that machine
* there is enough disk space
* I can log into the machine, and port 8080 is accessible
* The load on that machine is relatively low

Can hrsetrdr's replicate the problem? It may have just been inaccessible temporarily.

Vince
Synate.Deszeld

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

hmm unable to post log for some reason when i post my log for f@h it says internet exsplorer is unable to display page & when i try in google chrome it says connection reset
codysluder

Post by codysluder »

Synate.Deszeld wrote:hmm unable to post log for some reason when i post my log for f@h it says internet exsplorer is unable to display page & when i try in google chrome it says connection reset
Well, that confirms that you DO have a problem on your end. It's pretty clear that server 171.64.65.56 is not in perfect condition (based on another topic) but you also have had long-term troubles with your PS3 (which connects to a different server at stanford) and now troubles with your connection to foldingforum.org (which is in an entirely different country). You've got to fix your end of the connection before anybody can help you with whatever problems may still exist.

Have you filed a trouble report with your ISP?

Have you run error rate tests (like the ones at www.dslreports.com)? They might tell you if the problem is outside of your router or something as simple as a bad cable or WiFi interference on the inside of your router.
Last edited by codysluder on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Synate.Deszeld

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

yea they checked every thing from checks ran at there office to coming to my house & checking every thing but they cant detect anything
hrsetrdr

Post by hrsetrdr »

vvoelz wrote:In response to hrsetrdr's original thread -- I'll check out that server (171.64.65.56) . I can log in fine but I'll check the server code --VInce

*** UPDATE ***

* the server code is running fine on that machine
* there is enough disk space
* I can log into the machine, and port 8080 is accessible
* The load on that machine is relatively low

Can hrsetrdr's replicate the problem? It may have just been inaccessible temporarily.

Vince
Thanks for checking vvoelz, the two machines I was having that problem with are no longer running XP 32 bit, they are now using Windows Server 2008R2 (64 bit), without further problems of this type. It's merely an observation based on experience with 2 machines, so I can't give a detailed explanation on "why", I can only speculate.
Folding rig:Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD | (2) Xeon E5-2670 | 128GB DDR3 ECC Registered

Install Folding@Home on Linux without Python dependancy issues
noorman
Hardware configuration: Folders: Intel C2D E6550 @ 3.150 GHz + GPU XFX 9800GTX+ @ 765 MHZ w. WinXP-GPU
AMD A2X64 3800+ @ stock + GPU XFX 9800GTX+ @ 775 MHZ w. WinXP-GPU
Main rig: an old Athlon Barton 2500+ @2.25 GHz & 2* 512 MB RAM Apacer, Radeon 9800Pro, WinXP SP3+
Location: Belgium, near the International Sea-Port of Antwerp

Post by noorman »

Couldn't get Results back to this server either from my Linux SMP (P6701) ...

In the end, after many retries, it got accepted by CS5

- stopped Linux SMP w. HT on i7-860@3.5 GHz
Folded since 10-06-04 till 09-2010
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Synate.Deszeld wrote:Whoa dude you speaking greek to me heh heh I don't have a clue how to change those settings. all i can tell ya is at&t is my isp & i use a 2wire router/modem. If One of yall don't mind mayhaps you could e-mail me info how to change those settings if ya don't mind cause im clueless.
You did say this:
Synate.Deszeld wrote:Im Rather Knowledgeable About My Systems & My Connections But I Can't Figure This Out.
Reset the 2wire router to the default settings. What model 2wire do you have? Is it a 2701? Do you use the wireless on it? How are all of the machines connected to it; wired or wireless?

Try going to these pages and see the DSL connection details:
http://192.168.1.254
http://192.168.1.254/mdc

You could also try to turn the wireless off.
Synate.Deszeld

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

i did reset my 2 wire to defaults with the exception of wireless because i have a laptop & 2 pcs that are wireless. tried that a while back. my ps3 runs on wired.