Problems with PS3 Servers Unable to upload WUs

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Cajun_Don

Re: Problems with PS3 Servers Unable to upload WUs

Post by Cajun_Don »

VijayPande wrote:Hi Cajun_Don,

We've looked into your situation and can't see anything on our end that could be causing this. Do you have any information regarding specific servers that you think are causing this problem? A look at all of them right now doesn't show any problems.

Thanks Vijay, for looking into this matter. It is evident something is not right with my network or router/modem set up right now. WUs was being uploaded before I shut them off for the hot months. I don't know what changed when I start the PS3s back on.

Have a great day.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

lanbrown wrote:All of the work units have passed their deadline; which is 3 days preferred and 6 days final.

You mentioned a 2wire modem/router and then possibly a second router. Do you have a router behind the 2wire device or are you using the 2wire device as the router? Have two routers performing NAT can cause issues with some applications. Have you power cycled the 2wire router? For the most part, the 2wire routers block very little on the outbound; they mainly block Microsoft services as you should be sharing a share on the internet. The blocking of those services won’t impact the PS3’s.

If you do have a second router, what happens if you hook a PS3 up directly to the 2wire router? Actually, what happens if you just hook a PS3 up directly to the 2wire router anyway? Typically you only have 4 or 8 ports anyway, so you have more devices than ports.

What does your network topology look like?
I have only one 2Wire 2701HG-B wireless modem/router all together in one case, and a network switch with 8 ports to add my 5 PS3s and one computer system, with wired connection, that was working fine, before I turned off the 5 PS3s for the hot months.

I have power cycled the router, and have connected one of the PS3 directly to the router. It still will not upload the WUs that are ready to upload.

I have 9 network connections, 4 computers and 5 PS3s, all with a wired ethernet cable connection. I'm running 15 different GPU and SMP clients on my computers and have no trouble uploading WUs from them.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

The WU's have expired. I would suggest, turning one of the PS3's on, let it get a WU and then unplug it's Ethernet connection. Let the WU run until completed, take the PS3 to a friend/neighbors house and see if it can transmit it. If it can, then you have taken the PS3 out of the picture as well as Stanford. If it can't, then you have a starting point.

There are plenty of people that can upload their completed results from the PS3.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

lanbrown wrote:The WU's have expired. I would suggest, turning one of the PS3's on, let it get a WU and then unplug it's Ethernet connection. Let the WU run until completed, take the PS3 to a friend/neighbors house and see if it can transmit it. If it can, then you have taken the PS3 out of the picture as well as Stanford. If it can't, then you have a starting point.

There are plenty of people that can upload their completed results from the PS3.
I have 11 WUs ready for upload, which has not expired from my 5 PS3. I don't have a friend who has an Internet connection, for me to see if it will upload.

Have a great day.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

No one from Sony Development Team Member is monitoring this forum anymore, to get any help! At about time of me, turning on my 5 PS3s to do WUs. I have not been able to upload any WUs from any of them, except for one on 11/28/2009.

nrimon Last visited: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:04 pm

skumar Last visited: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Have a great day.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Cajun_Don wrote:No one from Sony Development Team Member is monitoring this forum anymore, to get any help! At about time of me, turning on my 5 PS3s to do WUs. I have not been able to upload any WUs from any of them, except for one on 11/28/2009.

nrimon Last visited: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:04 pm

skumar Last visited: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:12 pm
That may be true, as far as their moderator functions are concerned, but anyone can read this forum as a guest. I see regular updates to LWP and many of the features requested are being incorporated.

I don't think that's the real issue, though. From the things you've said, it doesn't seem to be a problem with the PS3, itself, but rather with your home network and/or your ISP. Unless you find a friend that will let you use their connection, though, I can't think of any way to tell.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Here is an idea, you can use the server status page to get the PS3 servers. It also lists which ports are used; 80 or 8080. 80 is the normal http port. Can you use the web broswer in just one of the PS3's and see if you get open a page to the server? If it succeeds, you should get a page that says "ok" in the upper left.

Here is an example:
http://171.64.65.83/
http://171.64.65.83:8080/

I got an "ok" on both of them. What do you get?

Now try it from a computer. Same result or different?

Is your 2Wire router running a default config or have you made changes? Can you reset the modem and try it again? You will probably need to input the user name and password if you have DSL and not U-verse from AT&T.
Synate.Deszeld

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

Hm I Know This Forum Ish Old But I'm Unable To Upload Any Folding@Home Ps3 Work Units Please Help. I Love Helping With The Cause But This Is Annoying. I Had Five Work Units That Was Dropped Due To Time Outs & 3 Uploads waiting To Be Uploaded I'Ve Downloaded A Total Of Eight Work Units & Crunched Them All. Now Im On Number Nine Crunching It. Tell Me Whats Up With Unable To Upload Work Units. I Have 2wire & Im On Wi-Fi/Wireless Never had Probs Uploading Other Stuff On My Computers. Please let me Know Whats Going On. Current Work Unit Is p4045_supervillin_stillGBSA_AM03
bruce

Post by bruce »

The boss-man himself announced that they've been working on the PS3 server that has been causing you problems.
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=148201#p148201
Synate.Deszeld

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

AWESOME!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE INFO I REALLY APPREATE IT!!!!!!
Synate.Deszeld

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

hmm on the viewer on the ps3 on the bottom right of the screen theres a scope. whats it for? And hmm still says its waiting to upload 3 work units hmm any ideas?
Synate.Deszeld

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

ok this unable upload work units is really ticking me off. i don't mind doing things for a cause but when it waste my time & i go through lots of trouble only to face an epic UPLOAD TO SERVER FAILED (0X80710620) THAT REALLY TICKS ME OFF! Because i could be doing other things than having epic server fails. I want to know whats going on. Whats up with the server error crap?
Synate.Deszeld

Re: STATS system down?

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

Yea 4 friggin work units waiting to be uploaded in fact i'm fixing to shut down my ps3 been on nearly week none stop & nothin but friggin problems 10 wus downloaded 5 dropped due to time out 4 waiting to be uploaded. I've never been so ticked in me life. Don't mind helping a cause but this is friggin rediulious. And You know what ironic? I'm one of the top contributer to my team.
Last edited by Synate.Deszeld on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Synate.Deszeld

Post by Synate.Deszeld »

Don't know they been having major issues here lately not sure whats up. Am calming down but man its hard heh. I'm pretty calm now I think.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

Well, will here is the PG list of updates: (http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14714)
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues