Company making money off folding?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Librarian

Company making money off folding?

Post by Librarian »

I found this while browsing my forum (EOC) and I was disgusted by it immediately. We have a similar Adopt-A-Rig "service" but it's for free. I think that some company making money off of charity work is just plain wrong, but how can we stop it?

"Sponser" A Rig
él Mero

Re: Company making money off folding?

Post by él Mero »

Don't advertise and buy their service?
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

The computers run folding whether you donate or not. That expense adds up quickly. I doubt anyone is making a profit on that.

It's not much different than the guy selling folding time on eBay.

And by the way, by posting that link in this forum, you are helping him to advertise to more people.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
jmmtn4aj

Post by jmmtn4aj »

All proceed will go toward purchasing more computing hardware. I have started this in summer 2007 and now have over 10 PCs and PS3s. Even if you don't sponsor them, existing computers/PS3s will still crunch for Folding @ Home and BOINC projects 24/7. However, with your help, the farm will keep growing.
Sounds reasonable if you ask me..
Rebel44

Post by Rebel44 »

jmmtn4aj wrote:
All proceed will go toward purchasing more computing hardware. I have started this in summer 2007 and now have over 10 PCs and PS3s. Even if you don't sponsor them, existing computers/PS3s will still crunch for Folding @ Home and BOINC projects 24/7. However, with your help, the farm will keep growing.
Sounds reasonable if you ask me..
I agree...
ICE_9

Post by ICE_9 »

As long as the project is benefited.
http://www.hardforum.com

Team [H]ard OCP.