Do ERROR 0x0 need to be double-checked ?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

amuro.ID

Do ERROR 0x0 need to be double-checked ?

Post by amuro.ID »

Hello.

Do ERROR 0x0 need to be reported immediately or i need to run the same WU twice and see it failed at the same point before i have to post the problem WU ?
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Do ERROR 0x0 need to be double-checked ?

Post by 7im »

The client is designed to handle errors automatically, usually. See also: http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Early_Unit_End
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

ERROR 0x0 is an unknown error ... and it's usually hard to find the cause.

So it's better to retry to fold the WU to see if the issue is related to it, or if it's caused by some random error in the code or in hardware.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

If the WU fails in the same place, it's likely a bad WU. If it fails in a different place, it may be indication of a hardware related concern.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.