F@H and Facebook?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

theteofscuba
Hardware configuration: PS3, Phenom II X4, QX9775, HD 8570

F@H and Facebook?

Post by theteofscuba »

I was just thinking about how viral things can be when on facebook, like these Mafia Wars and FarmVille games that spam people's Walls with acheivement awards and such. Also of note is all the organizations big and small who are using Facebook/Twitter as an official avenue to get news updates out to their fans.

Just something to think about.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: F@H and Facebook?

Post by toTOW »

There's an application on facebook that allow you to monitor you stats ... and a few dedicated groups (including a fah-addict one, same for twitter : http://en.fah-addict.net/web/web-1.php ).

I'm personally pissed by all this spam from application ... so I don't think it would make good reputation from the project if we had something with the same behavior :(

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
dimilunatic
Hardware configuration: =========RIG ONE=========
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 6 GB
Operating System: Kubuntu 10.04
Kernel: 2.6.32-24-generic
=========RIG ONE=========

To be continued...

Post by dimilunatic »

I tried to take a look at the application, but nothing showed up, no matter what browser I was using. Maybe it is all a matter to opening to a bigger audience, like facebook. Why, if that means anything, I'd love to have a box in my profile which will state how many points per day I'm crumming etc.
CoMePrAdZ
Hardware configuration: Pentium 4 524
Celeron @2.2ghz w/ 512 MB, folding for team 130783

Distributed Clusters over My School :D

Post by CoMePrAdZ »

dimilunatic wrote:I tried to take a look at the application, but nothing showed up, no matter what browser I was using. Maybe it is all a matter to opening to a bigger audience, like facebook. Why, if that means anything, I'd love to have a box in my profile which will state how many points per day I'm crumming etc.
Did you mean "F@H Protein Researcher" Facebook application? It's no longer active. They needs some donation, especially server(s) for hosting the app... unfortunate... :(
"... Folding for everything ..."

Team 130783
Beberg
Pande Group Member

Post by Beberg »

Hrm, I'll ponder this for S@h... Facebook in general pisses me off a great deal, but then I'm older then their demographic and care about things like privacy... hahah
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

CoMePrAdZ wrote:
dimilunatic wrote:I tried to take a look at the application, but nothing showed up, no matter what browser I was using. Maybe it is all a matter to opening to a bigger audience, like facebook. Why, if that means anything, I'd love to have a box in my profile which will state how many points per day I'm crumming etc.
Did you mean "F@H Protein Researcher" Facebook application? It's no longer active. They needs some donation, especially server(s) for hosting the app... unfortunate... :(
:lol: Hosting a web server doesn't cost that much ... :mrgreen:

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.