Problems with PS3 Servers Unable to upload WUs

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Cajun_Don

Problems with PS3 Servers Unable to upload WUs

Post by Cajun_Don »

I have been having problems with uploading PS3 WUs. I have 5 PS3 console folding 24/7 and most of the time I have 3 consoles failure to upload WUs, for many hours and not able to download new WUs. Most of the time it is longer to get a new WU than processing a WU, causing me cost for operating the PS3s with no benefits in helping the Folding@Home Project. I don't mind running the 5 PS3 with the high amount of heat they produce and the extra cost of running an Air Condition 24/7, as long as they are producing result.

Something needs to be corrected with the servers for PS3s, so that WUs can be upload and a new WU downloaded in a proper manner to keep the Folding Project for the PS3s . Other wise I will have to reconsider running Folding@home on my 5 PS3s consoles.

Have a great day.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Problems with PS3 Servers Unable to upload WUs

Post by 7im »

I would guess this will improve as Stanford starts getting that $100K in new servers setup and running. http://folding.typepad.com/news/2009/10 ... -soon.html

And/Or send a PM to the PI of one of the projects that is not uploading. That person has a vested interest in getting things resolved quickly. ;)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

I still need help with why I'm unable to upload WUs with PS3. I have done many WUs on all of them but none of them are able to be uploaded. I have shut them down now, because it is wasting my power consumption for nothing.

I have contacted a couple of PG team and nrimon by PM several days ago, and I have not received any reply back so far.

Would someone help me to get my WUs uploaded!!!!!!

Have a great day.
bruce

Post by bruce »

How does you PS3 connect to the internet? I'm going to guess that your router and/or proxy may be interfering with the upload.

Another possibility is that you don't fold enough hours per day on your PS3 and WUs are expiring before you complete them.

The last successful upload from your PS3 was 2009-11-28.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Try taking one of the PS3's to a friends house and seeing if it can upload there. I have multiple PS3's and have not had an issue uploading. So there is an issue with your network.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

bruce wrote:How does you PS3 connect to the internet? I'm going to guess that your router and/or proxy may be interfering with the upload.

Another possibility is that you don't fold enough hours per day on your PS3 and WUs are expiring before you complete them.

The last successful upload from your PS3 was 2009-11-28.
I have all 5 PS3s with wired connection to the same router, when they were shut down, and no proxy.

They were running 24/7. On one PS3 I have downloaded 1201, completed 1080, waiting for upload 6, and units drooped to time out 15.

I was able to upload one WU on 11/28/2009 after turning my 5 PS3s back on. Now I get, Upload to server failed error 0x80710620 n all 5 PS3s.

I Google searched for PS3 Error 0x80710620, and there is no information. Your search - PS3 error 0x80710620 - did not match any documents.

I went to Network settings and checked my Internet connection on all 5 PS3s, and the Internet connection is working. I can browse the Internet with no problems.
Last edited by Cajun_Don on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Have a great day.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

lanbrown wrote:Try taking one of the PS3's to a friends house and seeing if it can upload there. I have multiple PS3's and have not had an issue uploading. So there is an issue with your network.
Thanks for your information.

Have a great day.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

I need to know what port to allow on my Internet Connection Firewall with AT&T with a 2Wire Router/Modem, to get my PS3s WUs uploaded. I have used this same Router/Modem with running my PS3s before and don't know why my WUs are not uploading any more now. After a WU is completed, it tries to upload, then after so many tries, I get a new WU to crunch.

I have contacted VVoelz by PM Sent Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:12 pm, who is in charged of the PS3 WUs, but I still have not received an reply from him.

Have a great day.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Cajun_Don wrote:I need to know what port to allow on my Internet Connection Firewall with AT&T with a 2Wire Router/Modem, to get my PS3s WUs uploaded. I have used this same Router/Modem with running my PS3s before and don't know why my WUs are not uploading any more now. After a WU is completed, it tries to upload, then after so many tries, I get a new WU to crunch.

I have contacted VVoelz by PM Sent Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:12 pm, who is in charged of the PS3 WUs, but I still have not received an reply from him.
As far as I know, the PS3 servers operate just like the other Stanford servers. They prefer port 8080 but if it's not available, they'll use port 80.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

Thanks for your help and information Bruce. I'm running many SMPs and GPUs clients, beside with my 5 PS3, which I can't upload any more WUs from my 5 PS3s, that have been crunched.

I can't understand why my other SMPs and GPUs clients WUs are uploading without no problem, but I can't upload any WUs from my 5 PS3s since it turned on my 5 PS3s in the second half of October, and was able to upload only one WU from my 5 PS3 on 11/28/2009. I have been crunching many WUs, on my 5 PS3s 24/7, but still I'm unable to upload any of them, with many I have crunched, but can't be uploaded, like I didn't crunched those WUs, and someone else had to re-crunch the WUs again, because I couldn't upload the WUs.

Have a great day.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Please start recording the project numbers of the WUs that you can't upload. Perhaps we can narrow it down to which server you're having trouble with. Server 171.64.65.83 is happily receiving about 1000 WUs per hour and the other servers are functioning normally but are relatively quiet.

Since you're apparently the only person reporting a problem, I'm reasonably confident that the problem is on your end but the tools to isolate the problem are relatively sparse.
VijayPande
Pande Group Member

Post by VijayPande »

Hi Cajun_Don,

We've looked into your situation and can't see anything on our end that could be causing this. Do you have any information regarding specific servers that you think are causing this problem? A look at all of them right now doesn't show any problems.
Prof. Vijay Pande, PhD
Departments of Chemistry, Structural Biology, and Computer Science
Chair, Biophysics
Director, Folding@home Distributed Computing Project
Stanford University
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

All of the work units have passed their deadline; which is 3 days preferred and 6 days final.

You mentioned a 2wire modem/router and then possibly a second router. Do you have a router behind the 2wire device or are you using the 2wire device as the router? Have two routers performing NAT can cause issues with some applications. Have you power cycled the 2wire router? For the most part, the 2wire routers block very little on the outbound; they mainly block Microsoft services as you should be sharing a share on the internet. The blocking of those services won’t impact the PS3’s.

If you do have a second router, what happens if you hook a PS3 up directly to the 2wire router? Actually, what happens if you just hook a PS3 up directly to the 2wire router anyway? Typically you only have 4 or 8 ports anyway, so you have more devices than ports.

What does your network topology look like?
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

bruce wrote:Please start recording the project numbers of the WUs that you can't upload. Perhaps we can narrow it down to which server you're having trouble with. Server 171.64.65.83 is happily receiving about 1000 WUs per hour and the other servers are functioning normally but are relatively quiet.

Since you're apparently the only person reporting a problem, I'm reasonably confident that the problem is on your end but the tools to isolate the problem are relatively sparse.

dl completed waiting for ul 6, units drooped to timeout Peoject Numbers
1. 1070 960 1 26 p3452_Fs_ext
2. 344 241 1 10 p3464_Ubq_hpin
3. 764 639 2 19 p3463_Ubq_hpin
4. 1033 921 1 25 p3467_Fs_peptide
5. 1207 1080 6 16 P3468_Fs_peptide
TOTAL 4417 3841 11 96

Upload to server failed error 0x80710620

Have a great day.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

bruce wrote:Please start recording the project numbers of the WUs that you can't upload. Perhaps we can narrow it down to which server you're having trouble with. Server 171.64.65.83 is happily receiving about 1000 WUs per hour and the other servers are functioning normally but are relatively quiet.

It looks like I'm getting the same project numbers on the same PS3s, of course they are different WUs.

1. p3452_Fs_ext
2. p3464_Ubq_hpin
3. p3463_Ubq_hpin
4. p3467_Fs_peptide
5. P3468_Fs_peptide

Upload to server failed error 0x80710620

I have set up my router/modem firewall to allow Port 80 and Port 8080 for both TCP and UDP, and I still can't upload the 11 WUs waiting to upload.

I have set up all 5 PS3 network Internet connection to Automatic, and I get this message on all 5 of them. The router may not support IP fragments.

I don't know what else to do, to get the WUs uploaded. So I have shut off all 5 on them.

I somehow hit the submit button, before I was writing my post completely .

Have a great day.