How to use passkey?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: How to use passkey?

Post by 7im »

pwnchu wrote:Let me see if i understand:

Say i make a passkey using username "passkey1" at pk@somesite.com
And i input this key into "Anonymous" at Team 0 for the first half of my clients
and also input this key into "myname" at Team X for the other half

then Anonymous and myname will get their respective points under the original point charts
and passkey1/pk@somesite.com will log all the points under the passkey based point charts
Not exactly. Stanford may eventually add a feature where you can look at all the points associated with a specific passkey, or passkey/user name combo, or passkey/user/team combo, but that info will never be released to 3rd Party Stats sites for security reasons.

Passkeys will probably be used more for validation that your client is authorized client, not a borged client, and not so much for stats tracking.

I think of the passkey as an optional and additional way to track points, similar to a user name or a team 3. It's just a 3rd variable. Like name, SSN, and drivers license number. All three are used in different ways to identify you. But with the benefit of the passkey being both secure and anonymous.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.