Not getting credit for completed and successfully sent WU's

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Not getting credit for completed and successfully sent WU's

Post by 7im »

As Bruce said, Mods and Admins can't do as much as before, but CAN still check on the last WU from each client, which is helpful sometimes.

Pande Group can still search all of the data, if it comes down to that.

Nothing of that sort is being perpetuated, except maybe by the nature of your questions, or did I read too much in to your wording of the questions? ;)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
noorman
Hardware configuration: Folders: Intel C2D E6550 @ 3.150 GHz + GPU XFX 9800GTX+ @ 765 MHZ w. WinXP-GPU
AMD A2X64 3800+ @ stock + GPU XFX 9800GTX+ @ 775 MHZ w. WinXP-GPU
Main rig: an old Athlon Barton 2500+ @2.25 GHz & 2* 512 MB RAM Apacer, Radeon 9800Pro, WinXP SP3+
Location: Belgium, near the International Sea-Port of Antwerp

Post by noorman »

I 'm just of the opinion that a few queries by a few Mods should not be able to trouble a server that much that it becomes a major problem.

It 's not that you guys are querying those databases every minute of the day, are you ?
I still think that this querying is an important feature of the crediting system (for F@H and Stanford)

- stopped Linux SMP w. HT on i7-860@3.5 GHz
Folded since 10-06-04 till 09-2010
bruce

Post by bruce »

A few queries by the Mods weren't the problem. It's creating extra tables and inserting new data into those tables that takes the time. That's the same reason the WU counts by project were removed -- too much time was spend inserting/indexing data that wasn't essential to the fundamental stats themselves.

Queries by the general public while the stats were being updated WAS a big problem, which is why they were shut down. That's a lot more queries and a lot more record locking/unlocking which did interfere with the insertion of new data.