Can you guys re-design the stats pages?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bruce

Re: Can you guys re-design the stats pages?

Post by bruce »

There are a lot of good things which will be added when the new server code is ready for roll-out. The list of what happens next is a long one. Previously suggested items probably include enhancements to the client and improvements to the stability of the various beta clients (WinGPU/WinSMP . . . hopefully LinuxGPU and MacGPU, etc.). Continual improvements to the scientific code are always ongoing (in the FahCore_xx files, so you may never notice). [Only FahCore_a2 for Windows ever gets mentioned by people on this forum.] There's also a planned overhaul to the points system, but it hasn't been mentioned from official sources for a long time.

You're certainly welcome to discuss what you'd like to see, but since the improvements to the Stats goes somewhere on that list, and since the current stats are working, I'd guess that it might be a while before your suggestions ever see the light of day. [I don't set the priorities, and if my guess is wrong . . . so be it.]

No matter what security issues are associated with the passkey, I think it's fair to say that the current data will continue to be published without changes to the security. that's enough for the 3rd party stats to build tables of which other donors or teams are near you or your team and to provide the necessary data for exciting competition.