Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: New Front end webpage is awful!

Post by Jesse_V »

And how would you organize it differently? Being specific would help.

I've looked at the websites of many other DC projects. I think ours has a much better design than most, but it can always be improved I suppose.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
b1llyb0y

Post by b1llyb0y »

7im; To be honest I dont know right now as I am a little busy but just compare FAH to GPUGRID as an example and you will see what I mean.

Its also possible from the time that I first posted to now that some changes were made, I have not looked.
RLHay
Hardware configuration: Intel i5 650, 4GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Post by RLHay »

I have to say I hated the old web page and said so the moment I joined up. It wasn't long after that that the new front page came live. I doubt my opinion swayed anyone one way or the other...

I think we all have web pages we like because we are used to them and we know where to find what we want, regardless of how awful the page actually is to a first time visitor. That said any page can and should be improved over time. I think the current page is a huge improvement for first time visitors. A search box would be good. I'm happy with the idea of changing 'learn' to 'information' although each has pro's and con's. I did note that the quick links along the top of the page are absent when you drill down the STATS page to donor stats, team stats, folding facts etc. I'm sure this is an oversight, but it means clicking page back to get navigation links again, rather than going to the next topic of interest. Easily fixed.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

The Stats pages run scripts to return the data, so they're a slightly different animal (different web space). However, I will see what can be done to add the navigation links to them.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.