Making a new untrackable identity for new team

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

*PoodleDog*

Making a new untrackable identity for new team

Post by *PoodleDog* »

Hello!

I've been folding for a few days, with a passkey, and joined my small gaming clan team.

Now, I want to get a team started through work, with potentially many more members. I don't want my name or link to my game clan to be found - not that it's anything to be ashamed of, I just don't want it 'public' knowlege.

I know that it's easy to change username, but it will be the same identity. If I click on another current clan team member's name I can see his previous team, and I don't want this visible for me.

I know from looking through other topics that the WU processed will stick to my old clan username/team, and I'm fine with that.

Is it possible to run the software, preferably without a reinstall, that won't link at all to the current identity? If I were to change name in Configure > Identity, and request a new passkey with a new email address, would that work?

I hope that's understandable. Thanks for your time.
Rel25917

Re: Making a new untrackable identity for new team

Post by Rel25917 »

A new username and passkey will do it.
*PoodleDog*

Post by *PoodleDog* »

Brilliant thanks. :) If I wanted to return to the clan team, I could just put the original name and passkey back, and it would resume as before?
cfhdev

Post by cfhdev »

Yes.