Not recieving the passkey (re-sent. Fixed)

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

GT500

Re: Not reciving passkey

Post by GT500 »

I tried to get a new passkey earlier today, and never received the e-mail. Server's maillog shows no attempts by GMail to connect around the time period that the form was submitted.
hryamzik

Post by hryamzik »

Same here, tried gmail and other domain. I also wonder if my points earned anonymously will be counted once I manage to get a key and log in.
SilvanoAP

Post by SilvanoAP »

i have the same.. i tried 2 different domains (one pro and one gmail), and doesn't receive the mail with the passkey.
YukKevChuHau

Post by YukKevChuHau »

Same for me. I tried requesting on two different days, using two different email addresses on both days. Received Nada. Also, hosted ny Gmail/Google for my email addresses though.
appleonatree

Post by appleonatree »

Neither do I receive a passkey, tried two different gmail and one .edu one, no luck.
YukKevChuHau

Post by YukKevChuHau »

It's not working for me too. I tried on two days, and using two different email accounts on both days. Both hosted by Gmail/Google though.
just_jeepin

Post by just_jeepin »

I tried getting a passkey with my Yahoo and Gmail accounts and neither have received the email in the inbox or spam folder.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Okay, I think we have enough reports of which domains are not getting passkey emails. It is being looked into, will try to update when I hear of any progress.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
j0hn0b

Post by j0hn0b »

I'm having the same issue, tried with iCloud and gmail - neither work. I'd like to set the passkey up for bonuses during the Tz competition
jcoffland
Site Admin

Post by jcoffland »

GMail is accepting but then just dropping many messages. I'm looking into it now.
Cauldron Development LLC
http://cauldrondevelopment.com/
hryamzik

Post by hryamzik »

jcoffland wrote:GMail is accepting but then just dropping many messages. I'm looking into it now.
That's not just gmail, I believe nobody here managed to get this email on any other domain. And we did try quite a few.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

hryamzik wrote:
jcoffland wrote:GMail is accepting but then just dropping many messages. I'm looking into it now.
That's not just gmail, I believe nobody here managed to get this email on any other domain. And we did try quite a few.
The email account these passkey emails are sent from is also on Gmail, and that is what he is referring to.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
jcoffland
Site Admin

Post by jcoffland »

It turns out we've had over 6500 passkey requests in the last three days. This caused us to hit a Gmail send limit. I'm working on sending passkey emails directly from foldingathome.org.
Cauldron Development LLC
jcoffland
Site Admin

Post by jcoffland »

I'm resending all the passkey emails from the last three days. Unfortunately this will be a repeated email for some people. I cannot tell which were blocked by Google. All the emails should be sent within about an hour. The new emails will come from noreply@foldingathome.org.
Cauldron Development LLC
bruce

Post by bruce »

how many of the 6500 were just retries for missing emails?