server does not have record...MY FAULT?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

grumpydaddy
Hardware configuration: q6600+120 extreme, maximus formula, 2gig 800Mzh team 4,4,4,10, PCP&C 1KSR, 9800gtx ssc, 9800gx2 ssc, antec900

server does not have record...MY FAULT?

Post by grumpydaddy »

I started a comment about this in "next step" thread below but I have looked through the preceeding attempts that my Folder has made to send results.

one of the lines reads "server does not have record of this unit"

Should I take any action?
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: server does not have record...MY FAULT?

Post by uncle_fungus »

This is a fairly normal message. It means that the work server for your WU didn't report to the collection server before it stopped responding.

Normally your client will send the results back to the work server, and if it can't contact that, it attempts to send the results back to the collection server.
The CS can only accept results that it has been told about, and if the WS broke before informing the CS, the results can't be returned.

When this happens all you need to do is wait. The client automatically tries to re-send the results every 6 hours, so eventually the work will get through.
grumpydaddy
Hardware configuration: q6600+120 extreme, maximus formula, 2gig 800Mzh team 4,4,4,10, PCP&C 1KSR, 9800gtx ssc, 9800gx2 ssc, antec900

Re: server does not have record...MY FAULT?

Post by grumpydaddy »

Ahh...Good news, I had to replace my router and thought I had messed up. will leave it be. Thanks for swift response uncle_f